Merry Christmas! It wasn't a white Christmas this year but it was a nice Christmas. The actual holiday was on a Sunday this year so Sydney was done with school on the tuesday before and Julia didn't even have school the week before Christmas. It has been quite a minor winter this year and we still haven't gotten any snow(it is January 8th today). I didn't do all the baking that I normally do for christmas this year because I usually eat most of what I make so I was eliminating the temptation. I started working out at Club Fitness in November and am trying to get in better shape and shake this 20 lbs that gives me trouble. Anyway I made Caramel corn for the neighbors and delivered that the week before Christmas. Julia and I did enjoy a day with Deborah and George Hanna making some yummy cookies. It was fun and I hope we do it again next year.
The girls were so excited for Christmas this year and we went to Mt. Hawley with the Chengs to see santa and have brunch. It was a fun time. Julia got to the car and started to cry because Santa didn't give her the ballet slippers she asked for. We had to explain that Santa will bring stuff on christmas Eve not give it to her that day. Sydney asked for a battery operated car. The kids enjoyed watching the movie on the TV and talking to the vantriliquist and the parents enjoyed a nice lunch.
All of my Christmas shopping was done online this year and it was so much more relaxing than fighting the crowds at the store. When I tried to go out for just grocery shopping I got frustrated with the crowds so luckily I didn't need to find that special something for that special someone. Sydney had her Christmas sing at the beginning of december and sang the songs An angel came from heaven, Silent Night, Joy to the World, We wish you a Merry Christmas. It was a quick and fun evening. The lynch's sat with us and Jules and Will enjoyed watching the show.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.